~ CAPE TOWN ~
If you want to have a structurally sound home, you must first get the foundation right. Your home requires a strong foundation that can adequately hold its weight. The foundation is, therefore, the most important part of your house.
We cover all areas from Newlands, Claremont, Constantia, Bergvliet, Rondebosch, Diepriver, Wynberg, Observatory, Camps Bay And Surroundings.
But just how much will it cost you to construct a concrete foundation? Before you talk to a contractor, you need a do it yourself formula for calculating these costs. The cost per square foot of a typical concrete foundation ranges from R60 to R100.
If you are laying a 1000 square foot basement foundation, you will pay between R60000 and R100000.
Laying a concrete house foundation is not just about the materials but also about the labor involved. With that in mind, the following are some of the things you must consider to determine the cost of a concrete block wall foundation:
- The first among the materials is the cost of poured concrete which typically stands at between R35 and R55. The rates are a cost per square foot.
- Second, are the footings which contribute between R12 and R24 of the final cost.
- A crawl space foundation seems to work better than simply pouring concrete. It, however, costs much more in terms of labor and material. In the end, you will pay almost double the price.
The Cost of Enhancements and Improvements in Cape Town
- Avoid making house foundation construction an exclusive affair. If you need to add a heating system, do it now. Work with a heating service provider to come up with drawings you will use for the building Installing heaters at the stage of pouring a foundation should cost you much less than R164000 for 1,000 square feet.
- It’s time to install a drain in your basement foundation, for an additional R36000 to the total cost. This is much less than it will cost you if you install the drainage system later.
- When laying a concrete house foundation, make sure you add a sealant to prevent future water damage. The additional cost per square foot should stand at R60.
- Architectural details such as stairs usually require the addition of footings at additional per square foot costs. That’s at the rate of R1800 per footing.
Additional Costs and Considerations
- Pouring a foundation as an attachment to an existing home usually takes longer and also costs more. After all, you have to work around the existing building
- Consider whether the local authority in your area requires you to have a permit before pouring a foundation. If they do, then you will need to pay additional costs.
- Also key is whether you will need to level the area before laying a concrete wall foundation. In that case, you will need to pay an additional cost of between R12000 and R24000. Also, consider the additional labor costs.
In the end, you should ensure that the foundation is strong enough to hold your house. As such, you might want to go for a crawl space foundation, basement foundation or concrete slab foundation. Which one will you choose?